Award-winning specialists, Performance Interpreting provides and manages British Sign Language Interpreters for music, sports and entertainment venues across the UK. We deliver quality access to Deaf people, enriching and enabling the deaf community to share experiences within wider society.
We provide Interpreters for a variety of events:
Music Venues, Festivals, Concerts, Sporting Events, Royal Ceremonies, High Profile Celebrations, Gigs, Opera, Comedy, Dance, Poetry, Parades, Public Events, Fringe, Exhibitions, social events and the Arts.
We source, manage and co-ordinate the provision of Interpreters on our clients behalf; no matter how small or large the event. We work extensively with both the client and Interpreters from start to finish to ensure a smooth efficient operation. We liaise, plan and prepare, offering a face to face presence and co-ordination package where needed.
– Sourcing: We match our Interpreters to the event and audience requirements.
– Planning: We work with the client to fully understand the purpose and scale of the event and the level and type of interpreting provision needed.
– Advertising & Marketing: We assist in marketing the event to the Deaf Community to attract audiences.
– Advise: We provide information regarding related services, equipment and community links. We also offer guidance to discuss and plan for long term goals to grow and develop the Interpreting provision and Deaf related entertainment.
– Interpreting Provision Toolkit: We provide customised guidance and literature explaining recommendations when working with Interpreters.
– Face to Face Presence Co-ordination Package: We provide a representative at the event to help manage and co-ordinate the provision.
Performance Interpreters are highly skilled professionals with a wealth of experience and qualifications in both Interpreting and Performing Arts. Performance Interpreting uses NRCPD (National Registers of Communication Professionals working with Deaf and Deafblind people). This means that every Interpreter provided by us is in receipt of a current enhanced Disclosure and Barring System (DBS) checks, Public Indemnity Insurance and is subject to the NRCPD code of practice.
Performance Interpreting is creative, reflective and dynamic…Liberating the audience to feel completely in the moment, capturing the very essence of the experience. A true reflection of music and language expressed with soul, passion and understanding. An Artist’s gift is to entertain us with their talent, to stimulate our senses. Performance Interpreting allows Deaf Sign Language Users to come together with family and friends to share in the magic.
We promote equality and strive for inclusion without barriers.
Generic BSL Interpreting & Translation Services
If you require a British Sign Language Interpreter for any purpose we can also provide Interpreting provision in these settings: Media, Legal, Business, Health, Education, Mental Health, Social Services, International, Leisure, Celebrations, Mediumship, Travel, Training Courses & Deaf Awareness.
Face to face and Remote Video Relay Interpreting can be provided.
For more advice and guidance please contact us, we will be happy to help.