- This event has passed.
(B)old Festival: International Symposium of Creative Ageing
18th May 2018 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
BSL Interpreted Event
BSL Interpreters – Darren Townsend-Handscomb and Tracey Tyer
(B)old is a new festival profiling artists aged 65 years and over, who are established in their practice and recognised nationally or internationally for their work.
Attend a showcase of artists and organisations leading the way for older creative communities.
Join us for a day of exploration as we welcome case studies from across the world that showcase good practice from artists and organisations leading the way on how the arts can have a positive impact on older lives.
With keynotes, performances and case studies from Taiwan, Korea, The Netherlands, Sweden, Japan and the UK, this symposium is a chance to listen to and see inspiring examples of how getting older is not a barrier to creativity, but a benefit and tool.
The (B)old International Symposium is open to:
1. People working in arts and culture who are interested in working with older people
2. Older people and community groups who want to share their voices and experiences relating to the Age Friendly and arts programmes
3. People and organisations working within local authority Ageing Well Plans
4. Health and social care professionals working with older people
5. Policymakers with responsibility for healthy and active ageing programmes
Full programme of BSL Interpreted events to be confirmed.
This event is British Sign Language interpreted (BSL) and Speech-to-Text transcribed (STT). To join the free Access Scheme and book tickets for these services, call the Ticket Office on 020 3879 9555 or email email@example.com